Scholarship & Financial Aid
SCHEME OF POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SCHEDULED CASTES
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
Conditions & Eligibility
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh, fifty thousands only) per annum.
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
“Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot license Courses. Courses at Training – Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra), courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at Pre-examination Training Centres of all India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognised University or Board of Secondary Education, will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I.Sc. after I.A. or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in other subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible.From the academic year 1980-81, studies in two professional courses are allowed.
- Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary School courses of the XII Class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases where Xth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing Xth class join other courses, such students will be treated as postmatric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the under graduate/post-graduate examinations in Arts/Science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/ diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible.No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘T’.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible to post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- All children of the same parents/guardians will be entitled to receive benefits of the scheme.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the student can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this scheme from the date he/she accepts another scholarship/stipend. The student can however, accept free lodging or a grant or adhoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.