Guru Nanak College of Nursing, Gopalpur was established in September, 2008 by Guru Nanak Educational Charitable Society (Regd.),Gopalpur under the leadership of its honourable President, Dr. Balwinder Singh Walia with the aim to help the students the adjoining areas in their personal and professional development so that they are able to make maximum contribution to the society as useful and productive individuals, citizens as well as efficient nurses. The 1st Batch of B.Sc. Nursing Joined this college on Oct 2009.
The College is recognized by Indian Nursing Council New Delhi and Punjab Nurses Registration Council, Chandigarh, approved by the Punjab Govt and affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences,Faridkot.
It is situated in a peaceful and pollution-free environment on Ludhiana-Malerkotla road at Gopalpur, near Dehlon, surrounded by many villages with 9 undergraduate Colleges & 38 schools.With greenery all around,this prestigious College of Nursing with its peaceful environment presents a healthy atmosphere for studies. The College equipped with all the basic requirements and infrastructure, including spacious and airy class-rooms, play grounds, lawns and other amenities.
FEATURES OF THE COLLEGE:
- To prepare nurses to keep pace with latest FEATURES OF THE COLLEGE: professional,technological and clinical knowledge for best achievement in the nursing field. Guru Nanak College of Nursing, Gopalpur has a separate building, well ventilated classrooms constructed according to the I.N.C. & P.N.R.C. and state Govt. norms.
- Students are posted in multi specialties hospitals for clinical experience under guidance of faculty members.
- Well maintained Library-facilities are provided to the students with all kinds of books, journals & magazines available in the library.
- Students are involved in professional as well as extra curricular activities organized by the college from time to time. They attend conferences,Seminars and Celebrate W.H.O. Day and Nurses week and many more.
- Students participate in National Health programs organized by Govt. as Pulse Polio and other National programs.
- Domiciliary care and community Health Nursing Services are rendered by the students under guidance & supervision of a trained teachers.
- Transportation facilities are provided to the students for clinical Posting in Hospital.